It all started in 1869 when Johannes Bernardus Terberg set up as a blacksmith in Benschop, near Utrecht in the Netherlands. By the start of the 20th century Terberg was also selling bicycles, repairing cars and supplying spare parts.
After the second World War the company started modifying American army trucks for civilian use and opened garages. In the 1970s Terberg set up a leasing division and truck and vehicle modification companies. Terberg Benschop delivered its first terminal tractor to the port of Rotterdam in 1973.
From that period through to the present, the Royal Terberg Group established international subsidiaries and built up a worldwide network of distributors. The Group is now managed by the fourth generation, is still family-owned and has annual revenues of approximately EUR 945 million.
Terberg products are used in many industries throughout the world – by customers who value reliable, high-quality vehicles and equipment.
And the blacksmith’s forge where it all started? It is preserved at Terberg’s state of the art production plant at Benschop, around the corner from an advanced robotic multi-axis welding station.
Fully family-owned since 1869